The City is an online space where we can build on the existing community at SW London Vineyard. It is the place to find out what’s coming up, what’s going on, what housegroup to join and how you can get stuck in to serving others.
We encourage anyone who comes regularly to SW London Vineyard to join.
How Do I Get get on the City?
There are a couple of ways to do this:
- You can sign up online Sign up to the City
- We will send out an email invitation if you fill out a green Connect Card during one of our Sunday services.
If you are having trouble, please email email@example.com or contact the church office on 020 8785 9530.
Why is it called “The City”?
The name comes from the book of Matthew 5:14, where Jesus tells his followers “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden”. It’s not just a catchy name, it remind us of what we are here to be and do.
The people and groups who make up The City are the people and groups who make up our church. It’s a means to make communicating easier for us all and to help build friendships and get more deeply involved. You can use status updates to let all you friends know what’s happening in your life. You can start discussions about topics you are interested in. You can use the mobile app to keep in touch. When you join you make it easier for us to communicate with you and to get to know you better.
- Connect: SW London Vineyard is quite a big church and The City will help you find people and make friends more easily. You can send private messages to people as well as writing to groups you are a part of. You can even connect to Facebook and Twitter, and pull your tweets into The City.
- Join groups: You can join groups for your Small Group, or activities you participate in so that you can find out what’s going on and communicate with other group members.
- Plan events: You can use The City to plan events like bible study, housewarming, birthday parties and invite people.
- Use the growth tools: There is an online Journal and Scripture memory tool. There is a personal Prayer List and you can post prayer requests. Share resources and needs on the Marketplace: you can offer items for sale or donation, ask for things or services you need and even find a job!